Graduate Visa Applications for International Students
Graduate route for International students
The Graduate route opens for applications on 1 July 2021. This route is for international students in the UK who want to work or look for work after successfully completing a degree at Bachelors level or above in the UK.
The Graduate route is unsponsored, meaning you do not need a job offer to apply for the route. You will be able to work flexibly and switch jobs.
Requirements for Graduate application
In order to apply for permission to stay as a Graduate, you must demonstrate to UK Visas & Immigration that:
- You have last been sponsored by a Student sponsor which is a higher education provider with a track record of compliance,
- You have successfully completed a UK bachelor’s degree, a UK postgraduate degree, or a relevant professional qualification requiring study at this level, during your last grant of permission to study on the Student route,
- Your student sponsor must have notified the Home Office of your successful completion of the course,
- You have studied in the UK for at least 12 months if the length of the course is more than 12 months and for the full duration of the course if the length of the course is 12 months or less, and
- You do not have a record of criminality, misconduct, and breaches of immigration law which will disqualify you from being granted permission on the route.
Covid -19 impact
Where distance learning has taken place outside of the UK as a result of Covid-19, students will still be eligible for the route, depending on the start date of their course and the date by which they enter the UK as a student to complete that course.
Applicants who began their studies in Autumn 2020 will now have until 21 June 2021 to enter the UK (updated from 6 April 2021) in order to be eligible for the Graduate route. Students who began their studies in January or February 2021 will need to be in the UK by 27 September 2021.
Duration of Stay
You will be granted permission to stay for a maximum period of 2 years, or 3 years for Doctoral students.
Individuals who already have permission as a dependant of a student who is applying on this route can also apply to extend their permission as a dependant on this route; other types of dependants are not permitted on this route.
The Graduate route is not a route to settlement.
Our fixed fees for Graduate application range from £1250 to £2550 plus VAT and disbursements. Disbursements typically include Home Office / Visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, Immigration skills charge, biometrics enrolment fees, optional premium appointments, translations, courier and postage etc.
Contact our Graduate Visa Lawyers in London
At Karir immigration lawyers in London, we have a wealth of expertise in assisting clients with their post-study visa applications. For expert advice and assistance with a Graduate visa application, please contact us.
Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176