We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance, it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can follow our complaints procedure, which involves the following steps:
- You can send us your complaint in writing.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days of receiving it.
- We will investigate your complaint by reviewing your case file and speaking with staff that worked on your file.
- Following our investigation, we will write to you and invite you for a meeting or discussion over phone/skype within 14 days from acknowledging your complaint.
- Within 5 working days of discussion or meeting, we will write to you the steps taken at meeting /discussion, remedies suggested and the solution reached.
- If you remain unsatisfied after the step 5 above, you can contact us and we will instruct a third party, to investigate the complaint, who will then write to you within 14 days of you contacting us. We trust this will be the end of the matter.
What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint
The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176