Our services bridge distances and bring people together.

Whether you are outside the UK and considering to come to the UK, or you are already in the UK and are considering to extend your stay, or to move into a different category to the one you already are in the UK, we have the expertise and flexibility to cater for your immigration needs and we are adept at finding solution to challenging situations.

Clients seek our help and expertise from all over the world.

This list is not exhaustive. For further details please contact us at enquiries@theimmigrationlawyer.uk


Click here >


Click here >

Asylum & Human Rights

Click here >

Litigation & Appeals

Click here >
Sponsor licence applications - Workers & Temporary Workers

An application for a Sponsor Licence is a process which allows UK based employers and education institutions to prove to the Home Office that they are eligible to be placed on the register of sponsors and that they genuinely wish to take on migrant workers or students.

Read More

Sponsor compliance & audit

On receipt of a licence to sponsor migrant workers or students, you are expected to fulfill certain duties to ensure that the system is not abused. These duties start on the day your licence is granted and continue until your licence is surrendered or revoked. The officials of the Home Office can visit you by arrangement or unannounced, to check what processes and procedures you have in place to ensure you are a compliant sponsor.

Read More

Global Talent Visa

Global Talent replaced Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Applications

Global Talent category replaced Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) on 20 February 2020.
The Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) route remains open for settlement applications. If any application for endorsement, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain has been made before 20 February 2020, such applications will be decided in accordance with the Immigration Rules in force on 19 February 2020.

Read More

Innovator Visa

The innovator visa is for experienced business people seeking to establish an innovative business in the UK. Innovators must have £50,000 in investment funds to invest in their business.

Innovators can form a team with other Innovator applicants, but cannot share the same investment funds.

Read More

Start-up Visa

Start-up Visas

The Start-up and Innovator visa categories replace the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur and Tier 1 Entrepreneur route. Those wishing to set up a business in the UK now must apply under the Start-up or Innovator category.

Read More

Tier 1 (exceptional talent, entrepreneur, graduate entrepreneur, investor)
Skilled workers, Intra-company transfer, Sportspersons and Religious workers
Students, Child students and Short-term Students

If you want to come to the UK to study a course that lasts longer than 6 months or an English language course that lasts longer than 11 months, you will have to apply for a Student visa or a Child Student visa under the points-based system.

Read More

Temporary Workers - Youth mobility, Creative and Sporting, Government Authorised Exchange, International Agreements, Charity, Religious Workers and Seasonal Workers)

This route is for certain types of temporary workers whose entry helps to satisfy cultural, charitable, religious or international objectives including volunteering and job shadowing. There are seven sub categories within this route.

Read More

Representatives of overseas business

This route is replaced by Global Business Mobility – UK Worker Expansion route and is for businesses that have an established presence outside the UK and would like to set up a branch or subsidiary in the UK. For this, they would like to send an employee who has worked for the company for some time to the UK to represent their overseas business in the UK. 

Read More

UK ancestry

You can apply for a UK ancestry visa if one of your grandparents (blood grandparent or by reason of adoption) was born in the United Kingdom and Islands, and you are a citizen of one of the commonwealth countries, and aged 17 or over, and you would like to come to the UK to work, and you will maintain and accommodate yourself without becoming a burden on the State.

Read More


This category is for people who are seeking to enter the UK for a temporary purpose, such as a tourist, to visit family or friends, to carry out business activities, etc. Not everyone requires this visa before coming to the UK. It depends on the country of which you are a national.

Read More

Spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners, children and other dependants (in all applicable categories)

You can apply for a visa in this category in your home country or country of your residence, if you are a non-EEA national married to, civil partner / unmarried partner of, fiancé(e) of a British Citizen, a person who has Indefinite Leave to Remain, or a person who has limited leave as a refugee or has been granted humanitarian protection.

Read More

Domestic workers

This route is for domestic workers (including cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, those providing personal care for their employer and their family, and nannies) who want to travel to the UK with their employer, for a period of up to six months.

Read More

Turkish Businessperson Visas and Turkish Worker Visas

The ECAA (European Community Association Agreement) was signed between the European Union and Turkey in 1963 to promote social and economic links between the European Economic Community and Turkey. Under the ECAA, Turkish nationals can enter or stay in the UK to establish themselves in business or as workers.

Read More

Discretionary Applications

If you do not qualify for leave to remain in the UK under the immigration rules, then based on individual circumstances of a case, it may be possible to request the Secretary of State to consider your application on discretionary basis. The merits of such applications are usually dictated by individual and unique facts of a particular case.

Read More

EU Settlement Scheme

The EU Settlement Scheme was fully opened to the public on 30 March 2019. The Scheme allows EEA (which includes EU and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and Swiss nationals and their family members to continue to live, work, study and access services by applying to the EU Settlement Scheme successfully.

Read More

Graduate Visa

The Graduate route opens for applications on 1 July 2021. This route is for international students in the UK who want to work or look for work after successfully completing a degree at Bachelors level or above in the UK.

Read More

Settlement /Indefinite leave to remain / Permanent residence (in all applicable categories)

Indefinite Leave to Remain is commonly referred to as settlement (and permanent residence for EEA nationals and their family members) is a status which confers a right to live in the UK with no time limit and without restrictions. An applicant for indefinite leave to remain can qualify for this status after continuous residence in the UK of 2, 3, 5 or 10 years depending on the immigration category under which they have lived in the UK and satisfied the requirements of.

Read More

Naturalisation and registration as a British citizen

Once you are settled in the UK, i.e. have Indefinite Leave to Remain or Permanent Residence, if you are an EEA national or their family member, you are free to live in the UK without any time restriction. It is not a mandatory requirement to go on to become a British citizen. Many nationals, however, prefer to become British citizens for various reasons such as, it gives sense of security to some as they have moved their base to UK permanently, for visa nationals it is the ease of not having to obtain a visa before travel to other countries etc. There are two ways in which you can become British citizen, one by naturalisation, and second by registration. There are certain requirements which you must meet.

Read More

Human rights claims

If you do not meet the strict requirements of the UK immigration rules, it is possible to ask the Secretary of State to consider your application under the Human Rights Act 1998. Although there is nothing to prevent you from asking the Secretary of State to consider a case under the Human Rights Act, where the requirements of the immigration rules are met, but it can help those who are likely to refused under the immigration rules but then go on to succeed on the Human Rights grounds.

Read More


A decision of the Home Office to refuse an application can be challenged by way of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal only in a limited number of cases. Following the implementation of the Immigration Act 2014, the UK Immigration appeal system has undergone a radical transformation in the recent years. Full appeal rights have been substituted with Administrative Review for applications under the points based system as well as for those under other immigration categories. Full appeal rights ended for applications made under Tier 4 on 20 October 2014, for applications under Tiers 1, 2 and 5 on 2nd March 2015 and for the rest of the immigration categories on 6 April 2015.

Read More

Administrative review

If your immigration application has been refused and you think that the Home Office has made a mistake in reaching this conclusion, you can ask for a review of the Home Office decision by applying for an Administrative Review. The cases that can be administratively reviewed are those that fall under the points based system as well as other immigration categories that do not raise human rights grounds.

Read More

Judicial Review

It is a process by which lawfulness of a decision or action of the public body can be challenged in the Upper Tier Tribunal in immigration cases, and in High Court in British citizenship and unlawful detention cases. You can only resort to this process if there is no appeal right available.

Read More

Asylum and Humanitarian Protection

If you are in the UK and cannot return to your own country, because you have a well-founded fear of persecution, then you may claim asylum and qualify for refugee status.
Your family including your partner and children under the age of 18 can apply for asylum with you as your dependants if they are with you in the UK.

Read More

Interpol Notices

A person subject to Interpol Notice is restricted from travelling safely and is liable to be arrested and face extradition.

Read More

Tier 1 Investor client

“Monica you are a fantastic immigration lawyer. I tried three different ones before and there were always issues of misunderstanding or poor attention to details…You are the first lawyer with whom I can stop worrying about my future in the UK. I was lucky having met you at all”

Spouse Visa client

“Thank you so much for your help in securing us a happy future. We couldn’t do it without you. We are really happy with our visa”

Long Residence Client

“Quality of service is mile apart from others. They are trustworthy, reliable, honest and” have professionalism all way long”

Visitor visa client with 10 year ban

“You made possible the impossible …I would like to thank my lawyer Monica Karir for her vote of confidence, professionalism and exceptional interest in my case … I am extremely happy with the service provided to me”

Contact Us

T: 020 7965 7207
Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 6pm

Click here >


42 Upper Berkeley Street

By Appointment Only

Contact Us

M: 07881404347
T: 020 7965 7207
Monday - Friday:
9:30am - 6pm

Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176