Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Lawyers In London
This route of the points-based system is for entrepreneurs who want to set up a new business in the UK, join or take over an existing business and be actively involved in the running of that business.
In order to qualify, you must have access to:
- £200,000 of your own funds or funds made available by a third party; or
- £50,000 from a registered venture capital firm, or UK seed funding competition or UK government department; or
- £50,000 if you are already in the UK as a Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) and applying to switch to Tier 1 Entrepreneur.
The investment fund of £200000 can be shared between a team of two entrepreneurs, who must apply together and each applicant must be named on the other application.
Initial application – Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa
The requirements for an initial entrepreneur visa application are:
- the investment funds are held in a regulated financial institution and freely transferable to the UK,
- you satisfy the genuine entrepreneur test, i.e. you genuinely intend, and are able, to establish, or take over a business in the UK, and that you have a credible and viable business plan,
- the money for investment is genuinely available to you and will remain available until it is has been invested in UK business,
- you do not intend to take employment in the UK other than working in your business
- you are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1,
- you have enough additional funds to support yourself,
- you must provide an overseas criminal record certificate for any country you have resided in continuously for 12 months in the last 10 years prior to the application.
As part of your application, the Home Office may invite you to attend an interview and we can assist you with your interview preparation.
Length of Leave
You will be granted leave: for 3 years and 4 months for entry clearance, and for 3 years if applying to stay in the UK.
Extension application – Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa
To apply for an extension of leave as a Tier1 Entrepreneur, you must show that:
- within six months of entering the UK as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur or being granted leave to remain as Tier 1 Entrepreneur, you have registered as self-employed or as a director of one or more businesses in the UK, and have genuinely been involved in running that business;
- you have genuinely invested £200,000 or £50,000 as appropriate into one or more businesses in the UK;
- you have created two full-time jobs for persons settled in the UK and these jobs have existed for 12 months;
- you meet the genuine entrepreneur test, i.e. you genuinely intend and are able to be actively involved in the running of a UK business and that you have a credible and viable business plan.
Length of leave
If your application is successful, you will be granted leave for 2 years.
Settlement application – Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa
You can qualify for settlement after 5 years of lawful residence in the UK if you have invested in a new or existing business and your investment created at least two full-time jobs. You can qualify for accelerated settlement after 3 years if you created 10 new jobs or your business had a turnover of 5 million.
In addition, you will have to demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge of the English language and have passed the Life in the UK test.
Our fixed fees for individual Tier 1 application range from £3000 to £6000 plus VAT and disbursements. Disbursements include Home Office / Visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, biometrics enrolment fees, optional premium appointments, translations, courier and postage etc.
Contact Entrepreneur Visa Lawyers London
At Karir, we have wealth of expertise in successfully assisting clients to secure their entrepreneur visa. For expert advice and assistance with a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa application, contact us.
Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176