Religious Worker Visa In London

T2 Minister of Religion Visa Applications

This route is for Ministers of Religion undertaking preaching and pastoral work within their faith community in the UK.


In order to apply as Minister of Religion, you must be able to demonstrate to UK Visas & Immigration that:

  • You are aged 16 or over on the date of application,
  • You have been offered a job within a faith-based organisation and have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from a UK employer,
  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being sponsored,
  • You meet the financial requirement by showing you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK; if applying for entry clearance or been in the UK for less than one year,
  • You meet the English language requirement at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in 4 components (reading, writing, speaking and listening, and
  • You do not fall for refusal for breach of immigration laws, misconduct and criminality.

    Length of visa

    You will be granted leave for up to 3 years, with the possibility of extending for a further 3 years. However, you will not be able to extend your total stay beyond 6 years.

    Extension Application – T2 Minister of Religion Visa

    You can extend your stay in the UK if you can prove that you continue to meet the requirements of this visa and that you have a new certificate of sponsorship from your employer.

    Family members

    Ministers of Religion can bring their family members (partner/spouse and children) to the UK and can apply to settle in the UK after 5 years’ continuous lawful residence.

     Settlement Application – T2 Minister of Religion

    You can apply for indefinite leave to remain on completing a period of 5 years’ lawful residence in the UK. 

    To qualify for settlement, you must be able to prove that:

    • you are still required for the job that you were last sponsored to undertake in the UK,
    • you will receive pay equal to that given to settled workers in the same role and compliant with the national minimum wage, and
    • you have sufficient knowledge of the English language and have passed Life in the UK test.


    If you are in the UK on another immigration route you can apply to change from another visa to a Minister of Religion visa if you meet all the relevant immigration requirements and were not last granted permission as a Visitor, Short-term student, Parent of a Child Student, Seasonal Worker, Domestic Worker in a Private Household and outside the Immigration Rules.


    Our fixed fees for individual T2 application range from £1550 to £2550 plus VAT and disbursements. Disbursements typically include Home Office / Visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, Certificate of Sponsorship fees, biometrics enrolment fees, optional premium appointments, translations, courier and postage etc.

    Contact T2 Minister of Religion Visa Lawyers

    At the Karir Immigration Lawyer Firm, we have a wealth of expertise in assisting clients with their sponsored worker visa applications. For expert advice and assistance with a T2 visa application, please contact us.


    Contact Us

    T: 020 7965 7207
    Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 6pm

    Click here >


    42 Upper Berkeley Street
    W1H 5PW

    By Appointment Only

    Contact Us

    M: 07881404347
    T: 020 7965 7207
    Monday - Friday:
    9:30am - 6pm

    Authorised and Regulated
    by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
    SRA Number: 627176