T2 Sportsperson Lawyers In London
Sportsperson Visa Application
This route is for an elite sportsperson who is internationally established at the highest level or qualified coach who is sponsored on a long-term contract to make a significant contribution to the development of sport at the highest level in the UK and who has a Governing Body Endorsement from the appropriate Sports Governing Body.
To apply under the Sportsperson route, you must demonstrate that:
- You have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from a UK employer, who prior to assigning the certificate of sponsorship, will have obtained an endorsement for you from the appropriate governing body for your sport,
- You have a letter of endorsement confirming that you are internationally established at the highest level, and your employment will make a significant contribution to the development of your sport at the highest level in the UK, and
- You intend to be based in the UK for the duration of your permission to stay,
- Your post could not be filled by a suitable settled worker.
- You meet the financial requirement by showing you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK, if applying for entry clearance or been in the UK for less than one year,
- You meet the English language requirement at A1 CEFR level in speaking and listening,
- You do not fall for refusal for breach of immigration laws, misconduct and criminality.
Length of visa
You will be granted leave for up to 3 years, with the possibility of extending for a further 3 years. However, you will not be able to extend your total stay beyond 6 years.
Extension Application – T2 Sportsperson Visa
You can extend your stay in the UK as a Sportsperson if you have your endorsement by your sports governing body renewed and a new certificate of sponsorship.
Those who are already in the UK on another immigration route can switch onto the Sportsperson route if they meet all the relevant immigration requirements and were not last granted permission as Visitor, Short-term student, Parent of a Child Student, Seasonal Worker, Domestic Worker in a Private Household and outside the Immigration Rules.
T2 Sportsperson is a route to settlement. If you have been continuously and lawfully resident in the UK as Sportsperson (or on other eligible routes) for 5 years or more, you may apply to settle in the UK permanently.
To qualify for settlement, you must be able to prove that:
- you are still required for the job that you were last sponsored to undertake in the UK,
- you are paid, and will be paid at least £35,800 per year, and
- you have sufficient knowledge of the English language at Level B1 of CEFR and have passed the Life in the UK test.
Sportspersons can bring their family members (partner and children) to the UK and can apply to settle in the UK after 5 years’ continuous lawful residence.
Our fixed fees for individual T2 Sportsperson application range from £1550 to £2550 plus VAT and disbursements. Disbursements typically include Home Office / Visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, Certificate of Sponsorship fees, biometrics enrolment fees, optional premium appointments, translations, courier and postage etc.
Contact our T2 Sportsperson Visa Lawyers in London
At Karir immigration lawyers in London, we have a wealth of expertise in assisting clients with their Sportsperson visa applications. For expert advice and assistance with your visa application, please contact us.
T: 020 7965 7207
Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 6pm
Click here >
42 Upper Berkeley Street
Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176