Tier 2 Sportsperson Lawyers In London
Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa Applications In London
This route is for elite sportsperson or coach whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level in the UK. You can simplify the application process through one of our tier 2 sportsperson visa lawyers in London.
Initial Application – Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa
To apply under Tier 2 sportsperson route, you must:
- have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from a UK employer, who prior to assigning the certificate of sponsorship will have obtained an endorsement for you from the appropriate governing body for your sport. The endorsement will confirm that:
- you are internationally established at the highest level; and
- your employment will make a significant contribution to the development of your sport at the highest level in the UK; and
- you intend to be based in the UK for the duration of your permission to stay; and
- your post could not be filled by a suitable settled worker.
- meet the maintenance requirement by showing you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the UK,
- meet the English language requirement at A1 CEFR level
- not been resident in the UK as Tier 2 migrant during the 12 months immediately prior to the date of the application, unless you were in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant with a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) which was assigned for 3 months or fewer, or will earn a gross salary of £155,300 or higher, and
- not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.
Length of visa
You will be granted leave up to 3 years, with the possibility of extending for a further 3 years. However, you will not be able to extend your total stay beyond 6 years.
Extension Application – Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa
You can extend your stay in the UK under as a Tier 2 Sportsperson if you have your endorsement by your sports governing body renewed and a new certificate of sponsorship.
Settlement Application – Tier 2 Sportsperson
You can apply for indefinite leave to remain on completing a period of 5 years’ lawful residence in the UK.
To qualify for the settlement you must be able to prove that:
- you are still required for the job that you were last sponsored to undertake in the UK,
- you will be paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors published by the Home Office,
- you have sufficient knowledge of the English language and have passed Life in the UK test.
Our fixed fees for individual Tier 2 application range from £1550 to £2550 plus VAT and disbursements. Disbursements typically include Home Office / Visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, Certificate of Sponsorship fees, biometrics enrolment fees, optional premium appointments, translations, courier and postage etc.
Contact our Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa Lawyers in London
At Karir Solicitors, immigration lawyers in London, we have a wealth of expertise in assisting clients with their Tier 2 visa applications. For expert advice and assistance with a Tier 2 visa application, please contact us.
Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176