Temporary Workers

Tier 5 (Temporary Workers) Visa Applications In London

Tier 5 of the Points-based system is a route for certain types of temporary worker whose entry helps to satisfy cultural, charitable, religious or international objectives including volunteering and job shadowing. There are six sub-categories within this route. Our temporary workers’ visa lawyers in London can help facilitate a successful application.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Creative and Sporting) Visa
This subcategory allows sportspersons and creative workers to come to the UK to undertake temporary work. To qualify under this sub-category, the sportspersons have to be internationally established at the highest level in their sport and their employment will make a significant contribution to their field of sport in the UK. They can come for a maximum of 12 months.

To be eligible, a creative worker will be internationally renowned and must make a unique contribution to the UK labour market. They will be paid a minimum salary as set by Equity, PACT or BECTU (with exceptions). Creative worker includes an actor, dancer, musician or film crewmember. A maximum length of stay permitted is 24 months.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) Visa
This category allows you to come to the UK for a maximum of 12 months to undertake unpaid voluntary fieldwork for a registered charity. The work that you intend to undertake must contribute directly to the achievement or advancement of the sponsoring organisation’s charitable purpose in the UK.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange) Visa
This category allows you to come to the UK for a maximum of 12 months or 24 months to share knowledge, experience, and best practice. This can be achieved by undertaking training, internship, research, an overseas language programme etc. through various government authorized exchange schemes in operation.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Religious Worker) Visa
This category allows you to come to the UK for a maximum of 24 months to undertake religious work, such as preaching or working within a religious order. The role that you undertake must be supernumerary and you not a vacant position that could be filled by a settled worker.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – International Agreement) Visa
This sub-category allows overseas nationals to come to the UK to provide services contracted under the international law. This covers services such as employees of overseas governments and international organisations, private servants in diplomatic households etc. You can stay in the UK for up to 2 years at a time and extend for up to a total maximum of 6 years unless you are a private servant in a diplomatic household and applied for your visa on or after 5 April 2012, in which case you can stay for a maximum 5 years, or you are a contractual service supplier or independent professional in which case, you can only stay for a maximum of 6 months in any 12 month period.

Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa
This category replaces Working Holiday Maker Visa and allows you to live and work in the UK for 2 years. You can qualify under this category if you are aged between 18 and 30, do not have dependent family members, and a national of Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, as well as British Overseas citizen, British overseas territories citizen, British national (overseas).

Our fixed fees for individual Tier 5 application range from £1550 to £2550 plus VAT and disbursements. Disbursements typically include Home Office / Visa fees, Immigration Health Surcharge fees, Certificate of Sponsorship fees (where applicable), biometrics enrolment fees, optional premium appointments, translations, courier and postage etc.

Contact our Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa lawyers in London
For expert advice and assistance with a Tier 5 temporary worker visa application, please contact us

Contact Us

T: 020 7965 7207
Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 6pm

Click here >


42 Upper Berkeley Street

By Appointment Only

15 + 1 =

Contact Us

M: 07881404347
T: 020 7965 7207
Monday - Friday:
9:30am - 6pm

Authorised and Regulated
by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
SRA Number: 627176